Exit stage left

As I prepare for graduation and moving into the next phase of my life, I would like to share with you some tips that I have learned during my college career.

Get involved

This is a common statement that you will hear many times during your college career but that is because it is so important. Getting involved with any kind of organization lets you meet new people and gives you a reason to stay in college when it starts to feel like passing a class is impossible.

Don’t be afraid to try something new

Whether it is going to the new restaurant that your friend has been talking about or going to an event on campus that you saw a flyer for on your way to class, get out of your comfort zone and experience something new because you might end up liking it.

It’s okay to change your major

If you are miserable in your current major or you realized that your major is not what you thought it would be, it is always okay to change your major whether you are a freshman or a senior. It is also okay to change your major more than once. A visit the Office of Career and Professional Development can help if you are looking to change your major but are unsure about what you want to change it to.

Build a relationship with your professors

I know we all have that one professor that we can not stand but I promise you that building a relationship with the professors in your major can help you in the years to come. Your professors can be your biggest advocates when it comes to getting into grad school or getting your first job. Life is all about networking and this is one networking opportunity that you do not want to miss out on.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported me throughout my time here at Georgia Southern and who have made the last four years such a memorable and cherished time.