Here’s to Graduating!

As my final days at Georgia Southern University are approaching, I would like to take this opportunity to reflect on all that this school has done for me. When I was a freshman, I knew that I wanted to pursue some form of journalism. I have always loved writing in my free time, so I figured I should pick multimedia journalism as my major to better learn forms of journalism. This decision has forever changed my life. 

In my four years here, I have learned what it means to be an honest, ethical, and creative journalist across all media platforms. Whether I am creating a video, writing a script, or taking pictures, I now have the knowledge to do it properly. Thank you to my professors, Gina Germani, Dean Cummings, and Jeffrey Riley. I have learned the standard of reporting because of you, and I will carry your knowledge with me throughout my life in and outside of the workplace. 

It wasn’t until my senior year that I decided to join the school newspaper, The George-Anne. I was nervous, to say the least, but they welcomed me with open arms. I was able to write about what I was interested in, alongside students who also shared the same passion for reporting. The George-Anne gave me confidence in my writing skills and has given me the opportunity to show my writing to students and faculty on campus via the newsletter. I have made lifelong friends, and I am forever grateful. 

Thank you to this school for the best four years and Hail Southern!