Armstrong’s Unity Fest

• The Collective of Kwanza 365 performing

• The collective of Kwanza 365 Darius (Left) and Admp (right) introducing themselves to the audience.

• Keven R. on the mic.

• Office of Leadership & Community Engagement Rachel V. (Left) Josie T. (Right)

• DJ Shade

• CRI Supervisors Tierany Sanders and A’niya Nickles informing students about CRI

• Students and Staff dancing to the music

• The collective of Kwanza 365 Darius (Left) and Admp (Right) talking to the audience.

• The collective of Kwanza 365 Imani Poole (Dancer)

• Academic Success Center Madison Murphy

The Office of Multicultural Affairs hosted Unity Fest on Thursday, Aug. 24 to bring students together with live music, live dancing and games.
Unity Fest aimed to bring students together as one, informing students of the different resources available to them on and off campus.
“It’s a beautiful thing, we focus on how we’re different but you know those differences are beautiful, this is a great chance to celebrate the diversity and really connect with other individuals,” said Justin Cosby, Student Coordinator for the Office of Multicultural Affairs.
“It was very welcoming, everybody was really nice, some of the tables that I thought I wouldn’t go to, I did, and I actually got a lot of insight,” said Mariah Finley.
The dancers and drummers were from Kwanzaa 365 and performed different types of West African Guinea dances.
“We did two West African dances from Guinea, the first dance was called Lambon, and the second dance was called Sorsonet,” said Imani Poole, performer for the Kwanzaa 365.
There were a variety of activities, such as Large Connect 4, a bouncy house, Jeopardy and live music from 93rd Entertainment LLC.
“ I’ve been doing Georgia southern events ever since it was Armstrong for the last seven years. We play a variety of music from top 40, all the way to hip-hop and new stuff today. We keep it pretty clean so we don’t offend anyone with the cuss words and we are privileged for Georgia Southern to continue the relationship with us,” said John Davidson also known as DJ Shade, the owner of 93rd Entertainment LLC.
Some of the tables that informed students about different resources on campus were the The Academic Success Center, Leadership & Community Engagement, and Campus Recreation & Intramurals
Some Intramurals offered, such as “Volleyball, Dodgeball, Flag Football, Kickball are a great way to get students to come out and interact with each other,” said Tierany Sanders and A’niya Nickles, Campus Recreations and Intramurals Supervisors.
“Students can take a load off, enjoy sports that they used to play back in high school or middle school and things in that nature,” said Sanders.
For more information visit- Intramurals Sports, The Office of Multicultural Affairs, 93rd Entertainment LLC.