Fatal shooting at off campus apartment complex

• photo courtesy of Jordan Felton

Casey Cargle

Update: 3/2/15 11:40am

The 24-year-old male who was killed during the shooting at the Campus Crossings apartment complex was identified Mikeal Hamilton of Norcross, Georgia, according to the Statesboro Police Department.

Campus Crossings has declined to comment at this time.

Update: 2/27/15 4:50pm

– Of those five involved in the incident, there is only one current Georgia Southern student, 24-year-old Ian Lamar Rumph who was transported to East Georgia Regional Center and was released according to Associate Vice President of Marketing at GSU, Jan Bond.

The Statesboro Police Department has arrested three suspects in a shooting investigation.

Last night at approximately 12:30 a.m. the Statesboro Police Department responded to a shooting at Campus Crossings on Lanier Drive. An Eagle Alert went out around 1:30 a.m. urging students to avoid the area.

Officers found two gunshot victims. One victim is deceased and the victim’s identity is being held until next of kin is notified. 

The second victim, Ian Lamar Rumph, 24-years-old, was transported to East Georgia Regional Medical Center.

Steven Williams, Joseph Miles and Malik Rashad Freeman were detained at Campus Crossings and transported to the Statesboro Police Department for questioning.

Williams is charged with murder and aggravated assault. Miles and Freeman are charged with obstruction and making false statements, according to the Statesboro Police press release.

This case is still under investigation. No further information is being released at this time.