How Your Spring 2016 Semester Will Go Based on Your Horoscope

Kaitlin Sells is a sophomore psychology major from Savannah, Georgia.

Sometimes while you are scrolling through Facebook or Twitter, you see a link that says “click here to see your horoscope for the week.” More than once, you probably considered, after clicking, how horoscopes can be scary true.
This week we decided to take a look at the profiles of every astrological sign and decide the strengths and weaknesses of what they foreshadow for the Spring 2016 semester. (The profiles studied were gathered from astrologyzone.com)

Aries  

Mar 21 – Apr 19

aries_128
Aries, the ram, is the first sign of the zodiac. Since you are the first,you can expect this semester, like most, to be one where you want  to finish on top.
You will most likely be put into the position of a group leader for your group projects in class and you are also likely to throw fresh new ideas that set your group apart from the rest.
However, since you are so passionate in everything you do, the chances of you burning out are more likely than most. Make sure to set time apart in your days for relaxation like attending morning yoga at the RAC.
Since patience is not your strong suit, you might get agitated with peers when you are overworked and stressed.
Overall,  your semester looks bright. Just remember that you always need to  take care of yourself before you can take care of others, so don’t hesitate to ask someone to co-lead projects.

Taurus  

Apr 20 – May 20

taurus_128
Although you are normally seen as the poster child for good manners by authority figures, that does not mean that you do not know how to have some fun.
However, you need to make sure to keep your inner wild child in check if you want to pass this semester.
You are practical, so spending money on unnecessary things (like bombs at the bar) is not going to get you in trouble.
In addition, you are dependable and often play the role of the ‘rock’ in your friendships. Because of this,you will probably get many calls this semester to help your friends with anything they need from boy trouble to picking them up at the plaza in the early morning hours.
There are times when you can veer towards laziness, so try keeping a planner to help you make sure you get all of your work done.

Gemini  

May 21 – June 20

gemini_128
You can be easily influenced by the people you surround yourself with, so make sure that you choose your friends wisely. You have a tendency to gravitate towards anything that is new to you and you normally have a bad case of FOMO. This can get you in trouble especially when you should be studying instead of going to that cool party down the street.
Searching the internet is one of your favorite things to do. You can research anything at lightning speed and chat with virtual strangers on dating apps (which you need to be careful since you are very trusting).
Being enrolled in a lot of classes tend to work best for you since your mind is always going 90 to nothing.
Since people are your number one fascination you can get caught up in gossip around campus which will take time from your studies. So make sure this semester to really focus on school.

Cancer  

June 21 – July 22

cancer_128
You are normally known as the “mom” of your friend group, which is perfectly fine with you.
You will find yourself having fun at parties, but normally the night ends up taking care of your friend who had one too many.
This semester instead of focusing on others, try to focus on yourself. Your close knit group of friends will understand if you decide not to wake up to pick them up every night they go out.

Leo   

July 23 – Aug 22

leo_128
Leo’s are seen as born leaders and trendsetters so it should come to no surprise when you seem to always having people following your steps. However the pressure of juggling so many tasks can get the best of you.
You are always trying to impress people through your work, but sometimes you can bite off more than you can chew.
This semester try not to juggle too many projects even if that means taking some time off of work to focus more on those few hard classes.
When working on school try not to get bored or you may see yourself not being able to focus. Instead of using a quizlet for your studies try more fun and interactive ways to teach yourself.

Virgo  

Aug 23 – Sept 22

virgo_128
A planner is one of the most essential things for a Virgo. Without you planning out everything going on you tend to forget about important events and deadlines.
If you have never used a planner before then you have probably found yourself forgetting to go to that extra credit seminar a time or two.
You tend to be a perfectionist which can be a good and bad thing for school work.
Try to let loose a little and realize it is alright if your project isn’t exactly how you thought it was going to turn out.
Social media was practically invented for you so when studying make sure to put your phone away and turn it off.

Libra  

Sept 23 – Oct 22

libra_128-2
Being up front and straight to the point is your specialty, but sometimes you can have a hard time “keeping it real” with yourself.
When you make a D on that World Literature test you have a tendency to think “I will do better next time.” In many cases, however you repeat the same cycle of cramming last minute. This semester make sure you study for every test and quiz in the library so your chances of getting distracted are not so high.

Scorpio  

Oct 23 – Nov 21

scorpio_128
College can be stressful for anyone, but Scorpios tend to be known for emotional outburst. This being said, make sure this semester to be in touch with your emotions, and if you find yourself overworked and stressed take a day off from your studies.
You normally thrive in environments where you get to invent your own rules, so classroom settings aren’t always ideal for you. Sometimes you may feel going to class is pointless because you think that the classroom rules shouldn’t apply to you.
However going to class is important for you so you do not get left behind by your classmates and lose track of due dates.

Sagittarius  

Nov 22 – Dec 21

sagittarius_128
You normally have no problem staying on top of your studies. Sagittariuses are known as the perfect student who is always fascinated with new things.
However, if something does not appeal to you, there is a chance that it will show in your work performance.
This semester, focus on doing your best in all subjects even if you really do hate American Government.
Being fiercely independent, you will find it hard to work in group projects. If you do end up in a group project this semester make sure to remember you have to play well with others to get the grade that you really want.  

Capricorn   

Dec 22 – Jan 19

capricorn_128
You are always thinking about your future when studying for that upcoming test. You have a sense of security when your grades are high because you know that could help solidify a job in the future.
However, sometimes you can get thrown off course trying to keep up your studies when things do not go your way.
Go to karaoke at Gnats on a Wednesday and have some fun. This semester, instead of trying to make sure everything is perfect, try letting loose a little.

Aquarius   

Jan 20 – Feb 18
aquarius_128

Having the gift of combining creativity and logic in your studies sets you apart from a lot of people in your classes.
As a natural born leader, you are always looked up to for advice, but remember you deserve some advice as well. Your communication skills can move the masses so right now, interviewing for jobs is probably a breeze.
However, after graduating many places will not meet you face-to-face until after going through your resume along with hundreds of others. This means that you will need to pick up the slack in your life and get involved in some resume builders.
Since you tend to thrive in a collaborative environment, this semester you should focus on getting involved in some organizations on campus.

Pisces   

Feb 19 – March 20

pisces_128
Reality is overrated for you, since you are know as the zodiac’s dreamer. You can inspire people with your carefree attitude.
However this does not transfer over to the classroom well. Focusing on school work may be hard because you tend to not believe in normal standards of education.
This semester will be a tough one for you if you can not adapt to the reality of classes, studying, and tests.
Take a step back from the nights out during the week and save it for the weekend to help you focus more and keep your eye on the prize, graduation.