Spring Break Packing List Essentials

The worst thing in the entire world is getting to your Spring Break destination, plopping down on a  pull out couch and opening your overfilled suitcase to find that you have packed everything you don’t need and forgotten everything you do need.
This Spring Break, don’t let yourself be the person who has to spend 50 dollars within the first five minutes because you don’t know how to pack properly.
Have no fear, because we have decided to help you out a little and tell you the most important beach worthy items you need to have a great time.
You may forget your entire weekend, but don’t forget these few essential items.

Sunscreen

via GIPHY
Unless you are blessed with skin that acts as a force field from the sun then you will need sunscreen.
The last thing you need is to sit (or pass out) in your beach chair and wake up four hours later with a smiley face sunburn because your friends thought it would be funny to use sunscreen for an funny picture they are hoping to get retweeted by Old Row.
Make sure you get a high enough SPF so you can sit out for long periods of time without having to worry about constantly reapplying.

Cooler

via GIPHY
It can be rolling, it can be bulky, or it can be a tote. It doesn’t matter in the end if you have a Yeti or a styrofoam cooler, both are going to help you carry way more than your hands can physically hold.
The great thing about coolers is that they not only keep your refreshments cool but they are an awesome place to store food. Because let’s face it, none of us wants to spend $30 for chicken fingers at the overpriced restaurant down the block.

Sunglasses

via GIPHY
….Because none of your pictures are going to be instagram worthy if you have your eyes closed in every single one. Plus, they are great for covering up those dark circles you are going to get, because who actually sleeps on Spring Break?
Also they block out the sun from your eyes so you don’t go blind, so that’s pretty cool too.

Beach Chair

via GIPHY
If you have ever tried to sit on just a towel while at a beach then you  feel me when I say it sucks.
Not only does it get covered in sand no matter what, but also, you are constantly getting kicked in the face with sand when people walk by.
Do yourself a favor and remember a beach chair. If you want to invest a little extra cash, you can buy one at Walmart that actually turns into a backpack so you don’t have to lug around a beach chair in your hands with everything else.

Bathing Suit Cover-up

via GIPHY
Sometimes things can get hectic and random and you have no time to rush home to change before going to eat.
That’s why having a cute coverup will save you the trouble of the dreaded “wet butt.” The last thing you want to do is put on your jean shorts to have them automatically soaked by your drenched bathing suit.
A nice tunic will let air through that will help dry you faster and you don’t have to worry about not looking adorable, because a tunic can never make you look bad.
Also you get brownie points if your cover-up matches your bathing suit. Then you can make a video of it blowing in the wind like Queen B.

No matter what tropical destination you are planning on hitting up and crashing at during Spring Break, remember these few items so you’re not “that friend” who is bumming off of everyone else.