Four Eagles Score Double Digits To Take Down Texas

Briyanna Thompson
Eagle players Eren Banks, Tyren Moore, Nate Bradford heading to locker room after Texas State Win

Georgia Southern held their lead over Texas State until the fourth quarter but still came out on top in their match Thursday night. 

GS started off on a good note with three back to back scores from Eugene Brown III and Tyren Moore allowing the eagles to take the lead immediately. 

From there Texas and GS would take turns exchanging points until GS went on a 9-0 run halfway through the 1st half. The Eagles continued holding their lead scoring with almost every possession. 

Both teams continued scoring up until the half, a three pointer from Jamar Franklin sealed the lead going into the 2nd, 36-27.

Starting out the second half, both teams continued their back to scoring making each possession count. Tyren Moore gained two assists with back to back threes from Jamar Franklin and Brown III. 

Texas took the lead late in the half until a layup from Avantae Parker tied the game and a three pointer from Eren Banks put the Eagles back in the lead. GS continued their performance keeping the lead and staying consistent at the free throw line. 

GS finished out strong and took the win over Texas, 84-76. GS is now 6-22 (6-9) SBC. 

Player Stats:

Tyren Moore- 21 points, 5 assists and 5 rebounds

Eren Banks- 19 points, 3 assists 

Jamar Franklin- 16 points, 4 rebounds

Avantae Parker- 11 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists