SGA introduces fall semester’s events

Tannis Kufner

The Student Government Association (SGA) president, Garrett Green, and his senate are involved in the organization of events across campus throughout the fall semester.

#ThrowbackThursday Dance

SGA and the National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) are joining together to host a formal dance open for all GSU students. The dance is set to have a theme of #ThrowbackThursday on Dec. 5 with the location still to be announced. All of the proceeds from the formal will go to the Eagles for Eagles fund.

“NPHC fraternities and sororities do not have formal dances and this partnership gives them a chance to come together to host a dance,” Green said.

Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)

The GSU administration chooses a new topic every five years that focuses on an area to improve the academic curriculum. The last time the QEP occurred, the FYE programs were developed.

There will be another initiative in the QEP that is leaning towards effective writing and increasing writing skills, Green said.

Fund Fair 

SGA’s Financial Advisory Committee (FAC) is in charge of allocating funds from student fees and approving whether organizations that apply for funding will receive their requested funds, and these organizations will be presenting Nov. 18 at the Fund Fair.

All of the organizations that have received funding from SGA’s FAC will be in attendance and presenting how they have used the funds, Green said.

Green said that some student organizations have attended conferences and hosted events because of this money and the Fund Fair is a chance to display how student fees are spent.

Student Advisory Council

Every SGA president in the University System of Georgia will be meeting on campus.  This will be the first time GSU is hosting this event in five years.

They will be discussing business regarding legislation that can affect campuses across Georgia, Green said.

The event will be held Nov. 15 – Nov. 16.

Doo-dah Dance and Step Show

SGA and University Programming Board (UPB) are collaborating during homecoming week this year for the Doo-dah Dance and Step Show, Nov. 6 at 7 p.m.

The $1 admission fee will go to Eagles for Eagles, Green said.

Eagle Alert Forum

In the Russell Union Ballroom on Oct. 30, representatives from various offices such as on-campus safety, on-campus housing, off-campus housing and the Dean of Students will be hosting a forum focused on student safety, Green said.

GSU Idol 

GSU Idol is sponsored by SGA and will be Monday, Nov. 4, at 7 p.m. in the Russell Union Ballroom.

This yearly event will be held in the Russell Union ballroom and is expected to have great attendance by the student body, Green said.