Top 10 Bucket List of things to do at GS before you graduate

Jenna Wiley

If you’re new to Georgia Southern or even a senior who maybe feels you haven’t had the full “Statesboro Lifestyle” experience, here’s a Top 10 Bucket List of things to do before you graduate. 

1. Get a picture with Freedom & Gus 

If might be hard to grab a picture with these two Georgia Southern icons, but if you manage to get one, it’s well worth the wait.

1. Pull an all-nighter during Finals Week in Club Hendy

Pulling an all-nighter is essentially a religious experience, especially during Finals Week. Complete at your own risk.  

1. Join a campus organization 

There are what seems like a million different ways to get involved on campus, and joining a campus organization seems like it could be the boring one on this list, but lifelong friends could come out of it.

1. Tailgate in Paulson on game days 

There’s nothing like game days in Statesboro, so why not go all out and have a tailgate party?

1. Walk around Sweetheart Circle three times with that special someone 

There is a Georgia Southern tradition that if you walk around Sweetheart Circle

hand-in-hand with your significant other, you’re bound to be together forever. 

1. Attend a big, away football game

Every football season, GS plays a school that is the talk of the year—Auburn, Clemson, and most recently LSU. Trust us, it’s worth the drive. 

1. Go to a lighting at Sweetheart Circle

Around Christmas time before semester break, a Christmas lighting ceremony is held at sweetheart circle and is possibly the cheeriest of GS traditions.

1. Take a day trip to Savannah with friends 

If you want a break from the Statesboro scene for a day, take a trip to Savannah, GA! Go on a haunted ghost tour or visit the historic River Street!

1. Participate in at least one event during Homecoming Week 

Nobody likes a “Debby Downer” for homecoming week, even in college. Go ahead and dress up with your friends, go to a pep rally, show some school spirit! 

1. Graduate 

Hopefully, we all are able to cross this one off one day, but, if not, don’t worry! That means you have more time to do this list all over again.