Inspector Reflector: Statesboro restaurant health inspections for the month of March

Brett Daniel

This is the third installment of Inspector Reflector, a monthly report of health inspection scores for Statesboro restaurants and food service establishments. Check back at the end of every month for more scores.

What is Inspector Reflector?

The Inspector Reflector series aims to keep Georgia Southern students and Statesboro residents adequately informed about the cleanliness and safety of local restaurants and food service establishments.

Food safety and restaurant cleanliness are part of what makes dining out so enjoyable. Patrons walk into restaurants trusting that the local health department has thoroughly inspected the property for violations, a process that ensures customers’ safety and enhances their overall dining experience.

Health Inspection Scores (March 2019)

Thirteen Statesboro restaurants and food service establishments were inspected between March 1 and March 28, 2019.

All thirteen received a score of 90 and above, with the lowest scores being 92 and 91, respectively.

The local health department is required to inspect every restaurant and food service establishment at least twice per year.

The George-Anne Reflector will publish more scores toward the end of April.

Highest Scores

• Nevils Elementary School – 99
  • Sallie Zetterower Elementary School – 99

Lowest Scores

• Roundabout Cafe – 92
  • Statesboro High School – 91

Complete List

• Nevils Elementary School – 99
  • The Olive Garden Italian Restaurant – 97
  • Mill Creek Elementary School – 97
  • William James Jr. High School – 97
  • Julia P. Bryant Elementary School – 96
  • Primos Italian Pizza Kitchen – 95
  • Wendy’s (Fair Road) – 95
  • Statesboro Head Start – 94
  • Zaxby’s (Fair Road) – 93
  • High Hope Service Center – 93
  • Roundabout Cafe – 92
  • Statesboro High School – 91

Read the specific violations for each restaurant by using the Georgia Department of Public Health’s (GDPH) search tool here.