It’s Time to Get Out and Vote

SGA Elections 2021-2022

Rebecca Munday, Managing Editor

All students are urged to vote in the 2021-2022 Student Government Association (SGA) election using the electronic ballot that was sent to their student email account yesterday, Apr. 5. Students will have an opportunity to vote through Wednesday, Apr. 7 at 5 p.m. 

Two students are running for the office of president, Alexis Belvin, a sophomore majoring in exercise science and Korri Bryan, a sophomore majoring in middle grades education. 

Two students are running for the director of auxiliary affairs position, Jordan Cooper, a junior majoring in respiratory therapy and Amare McJolly, a sophomore majoring in music education. 

The last contested officer seat is Director of Veteran Affairs. Audrey Lowery, a junior majoring in mechanical engineering is running against Joanna Njie, a junior majoring in civil engineering. 

Students can read more of their bios and the issues important to them at the SGA’s Candidates for Director page. 

Once students have voted for the officer positions, they can select the senators for each college. No college has more candidates running for office than there are senate seats allotted for the college. 

Students also ran for senators seats to represent first-year students, Liberty campus students, and the university at-large, but none of those seats are opposed either. For more information about each senator, visit the SGA’s Candidates for Senator page.