Disc Golf Course Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Photo Story

Photos and quotes from the grand opening of Armstrong’s newest attraction

The Armstrong Campus Recreation and Intramurals Department (CRI) hosted a ribbon cutting ceremony for the grand opening of the Armstrong Campus’s disc golf course.

The course is immediately available to Armstrong students. With the opening of this course, Armstrong also introduced the new Disc Golf Club. Students interested in joining the club can do so via IMLeagues.

The event enjoyed a sunny afternoon, and was well attended by students, faculty and staff. The attendees participated in a walk-through of the course and were provided with a variety of amenities and refreshments.

Members of the CRI, including Armstrong Director Megan Feasel and Assistant Director Sean Willett gave opening remarks prior to the ribbon cutting. Statements were also given by VP of student affairs Dr. Shay Little and SGA President Alexis Belbin.

“This wonderful event not only brings us together to celebrate, but brings us together for an exciting opportunity for our campus community. Something new, something different, and something to embrace,” said Feasel in her opening remarks.

Feasel also highlighted the fact that this is only the second official disc golf course to be opened in the city of Savannah.

Check out the images in the gallery for a look at the event, and a preview of what the course will offer.

For more information on the course, as well as other services offered by Armstrong’s Campus Recreation and Intramurals (CRI) team, check out the CRI’s webpage, as well as IMLeagues for specific information on league registration, participation deadlines and more.