Poised and Professional

On Wednesday, September 14, eleven Georgia Southern students took to the Ogeechee Theatre stage in their best professional attire as part of the fashion show for the Office of Career and Professional Development and the Office of Multicultural Affairs, in collaboration with Sisters with Vision.

Hosts Alexis Fowler and Justin Crosby introduced each participant by class and major (a wide variety that included Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Psychology, Marketing, International Studies, and Creative Writing, to name a few) and spoke of the student’s dreams to be lawyers, surgeons, teachers, and screenwriters and the kind of salaries expected in those careers in the state of Georgia.

Special shoutouts were given to Laurely Caycho and Nailah Crawford, the Interim Director and the Graduate Assistant of the Office of Multicultural Affairs, who had the honor of bringing the event together.

Following the show, fashion show participants and guests made their way into the lounge area for beverages and a light buffet while mingling with tables of a number of employers ready to discuss potential internships and careers with Gulfstream, State Farm, St. Joseph’s Candler, Enterprise, Savannah Police Department, Port City Logistics, Glynn County Schools, Junior Achievement of Georgia, and Lesley Francis PR.

Keep reaching for those promising futures, students! And special thanks to all students, staff and employers who participated.