Students invited to open forums for Associate Vice President for Inclusive Excellence candidates

Ashton Christianson

STATESBORO — Georgia Southern University’s search for an associate vice president for inclusive excellence has been narrowed down to three final candidates who will be participating in open forums next week.

Those attending these forums will be able to ask the candidates questions after the candidates present their ideas on how to implement strategic diversity framework, according to GS Communications and Marketing.

Jan. 21 and 22: TaJuan Wilson

Candidate TaJuan Wilson will be at the Statesboro campus on Jan. 21 in the Russell Union Theater from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. He will then be at the Armstrong campus on Jan. 22 in the Armstrong Center Auditorium from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m, according to GS Communications and Marketing.

According to Wilson’s resume, he was a special assistant, external relations and associate vice president of diversity, equity and inclusion at the University of Iowa. He also was an assistant professor for educational policy and leadership studies.

Jan. 22 and 23: Jobi Martinez

Candidate Jobi Martinez will be at the Statesboro campus on Jan. 22 in the Russell Union theater from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Martinez will then be at the Armstrong campus on Jan. 23 in the Armstrong Center Auditorium from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m, according to GS Communications and Marketing.

According to Martinez’s resume, she is a visiting special assistant to the president at the University of Houston – Downtown. She has consulted on diversity and inclusion in higher education since 2015.

Jan. 23 and 24: Karen Jones

Candidate Karen Jones will be at the Statesboro campus on Jan. 23 in the Russell Union theater from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Jones will be at the Armstrong campus on Jan. 24 in the Armstrong Center Auditorium from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m, according to GS Communications and Marketing.

According to Jones’ resume, she has been the chief diversity officer at Buffalo State College since 2012.

Ashton Christianson, The George-Anne News Reporter, gaeditor@georgiasouthern.edu