The Q&D March 10, 2015

The quick and dirty of entertainment news and trends you need to know.
By Jeff Licciardello and Kurt Hanlon

ICYMI: The University Plaza is for sale

Welcome to Statesboro Monopoly.
The University Plaza has been listed for sale by primary holder Ramsey Holmes for a whopping $5.5 million. The commercial property on 14 Georgia Ave is listed on the Statesboro Properties website as having a “one of a kind location” and “7 different bar and grilles with alcohol licenses, restaurants, and a convenience store.”
The George-Anne reported earlier this evening:

“According to Holmes, Georgia Southern University attempted to purchase the University Plaza in late 2014 for $3.5 million and previously 30 to 35 years back.
Rob Whitaker, Vice President of Business and Finance, stated that at no point in time did the university attempt to purchase The University Plaza. According to Whitaker, in full disclosure, they did sit around a table in Spring 2014 and discussed purchasing the site, but didn’t ever officially make an offer.”

Check out the rest of the story here.

Suge Knight was legally justified in fatally striking Terry Carter with his truck, according to claims from his lawyer Matt Fletcher.

According to TMZ, the attorney will present a “George Zimmerman” defense, arguing that he had a legal right to stand his ground and put Carter down.
On January 19, Knight gunned his car into reverse after a fight with Carter and another man. Upon reversing, he fatally struck Carter and injured two others. Knight claims Carter was a known gang member who was conspiring to attack him. Knight says he heard Carter say something to the effect of “should I shoot him?”
Fletcher says the alleged threat by Carter is enough to justify Knight’s fatal hit and run, but also says the hit was accidental as Knight was trying to escape.

Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott is “OK” after being attacked while on spring break in Panama City.

Prescott was among three Mississippi State players involved in the attack, which came during a concert he was attending.
A spokesperson for the university told the Associated Press that he had suffered facial lacerations after being hit with a bottle, but that he did not need to go to the hospital and would not be facing charges.
Prescott confirmed the attack in a now deleted tweet, saying “We got jumped for no reason, It’s sad we can’t go anywhere without being attacked by people.”
Prescott later released another tweet claiming to be ok and urging people to be safe on spring break, along with this surprisingly profound line “Ignorance Happens.”
You can find the full story from ESPN here.

The University of Oklahoma expelled two students today for their involvement in a racist fraternity chant that went viral.

In a March 10 letter, university President David L. Boren told the students “You will be expelled because of your leadership role in leading a racist and exclusionary chant which has created a hostile educational environment for others.”
The chant in question included references to lynching and a statement that black students would never be admitted into the fraternity.
Hours after the video went viral, punishment on the Sigma Alpha Epsilon chapter came down swiftly. The fraternity’s national headquarters closed the chapter, and the university evicted the chapter’s members from their fraternity house.
You can find the full story on USAToday and see a timeline of the whole situation on The Oklahoma Daily’s website. Trust us, it’s worth a read.

Does this news have you feeling some type of way? Are you itching to place a bid on “Boardwalk?” Let us know what you think on Twitter @ReflectorGSU.