Running The Show
March 28, 2024
Women's History Month
March 28, 2024
Pretty and Polished
Pretty and Polished
March 27, 2024

Eagle Scene: All About Those Venues

According to a court document, prior to his death, Michael Gatto was ordered in a pre-trial agreement to not drink alcohol or visit any location that primarily serves alcohol. 

What makes a concert venue special to you? Is it the other people who go to the concerts, the venue’s food and beverages, or of course, the bands playing? Whatever your preferences, you can choose from among several Statesboro venues hosting concerts this weekend.

Friday, April 15

Celebrate the end of the week with these concerts! First up is the Tall Paul Band, who will be playing at Eagle Creek Brewery starting at 7 p.m. Tall Paul’s sound is a mix of bluegrass and country.
Acoustic artist Chandler Fritts will play Loco’s Grill and Pub from 9 p.m. to midnight. Funk band Soul Mechanic will play at Dingus Magee’s from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. The Chris Mitchell Band will be playing at Gnat’s Landing starting at 10 p.m. tomorrow. The Chris Mitchell Band’s music has a classic rock sound tinged with some country and blues.
Funk You Music

Saturday, April 16

There are no shortage of concerts this Saturday, either. Singer-songwriter Nick Bryant will play a set at Eagle Creek Brewery from 6 to 9 p.m. Then, solo artist Forrest O’Quinn will play at Loco’s Grill and Pub from 9 pm to midnight. Riptide will play at Dingus from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
The Road to Sweetwater 420 Fest Concert Series is coming to South City Tavern for Statesboro’s third Boropalooza music festival! Local band Half Seas Over kicks off the music at 7 p.m. playing a pre-show until 8 p.m. Rock band Steppin Stones will play from 8 to 10 p.m., and local favorite The Orange Constant will play from 9:30 to 11:30 pm. Augusta band Funk You will close out the festival with their set from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. This festival is ages 18 and above.
People who come to this concert will have the chance to win two passes to the Sweetwater 420 Festival that is in Atlanta’s Centennial Olympic Park next weekend. The Orange Constant and Funk You will both be playing at Sweetwater 420 Festival. If you purchase tickets for Boropalooza online, your name will be entered into the drawing for the Sweetwater 420 tickets three times! Tickets for Boropalooza are $5 online and $10 at the door.

Photos courtesy of Soul Mechanic and Funk You.