How to Prepare for a Music Festival

Music festivals are one of my favorite events to attend. With live music from your favorite artists, being accompanied by best friends and good vibes, what more could you want?

The Rundown:

Music festivals are not cheap by any means. From the tickets to a place to stay to food and other essentials, money can rack up very quickly. A music festival is going to be one for the books, so you have got to make it count.

Here’s the ultimate guide to being music festival ready:

Plan in advance. I recommend that you do your research before you decide to go to a music festival. Check out the location, how far the drive is, if you could fly, how the weather is, what is the plan of action for food and how much it is for a hotel or airbnb in the area. You can even camp out. Just make sure you have a game plan.
This is important so you can get a rough estimate of how much you’ll need to save up for this festival.
Pro tip: Once you do your research, plan to buy the tickets at presale for a cheaper cost.

Make food at your place. This is super important if you are trying to do a festival on a budget. Plan on meal prepping food or pre-making food for the weekend. Also, bring snacks such as granola bars or chips.

Accessories. You should have a fanny pack, CamelBak or small bag.
This is to store your cell phone, cash, ID, keys and anything else that’s crucial with you. You should also consider having band aids, feminine products, neosporin, baby wipes, dry shampoo and a portable charger/battery.
Pro Tip: Pack shower clothes to cool off and even invest in a cool towel to keep you cool during the event. (Especially if the event is in mid afternoon)

Safety. Make sure you have a buddy system. There are over thousands of people, so there’s bound to be a handful of shady characters out there. Keep into consideration that many people you encounter will be using alcohol or drugs.

• Don’t go back to another person’s campsite without one of your friends.
  • Be careful about wandering too far away and schedule specific meeting times for your group in case your cell phone dies or you get lost and seperated in the crowd.
  • Don’t carry too much cash with you, and be sure not to flash it around at vendors. Have a designated card to carry and keep it in your phone case or fanny pack.
  • Don’t accept food or drinks from people you don’t know. If you start to feel weird or sick, tell a friend or security guard immediately and have them take you to the first aid tent.

Dress comfortably. Yes, this is your time to wear whatever you want but keep in mind the hours you’ll be outside as well as the weather. You’ll be standing a long time, so tennis shoes will be your best bet. (Keep in mind your shoes will get roughed up and dirty)

Stay hydrated. There should be water there, but always bring water bottles just in case (or a CamelBak).

Overall, these weekends are packed to the brim with so many fun experiences waiting to happen, and you’re right there to make the most of it. Take advantage of the opportunity, take lots of pictures, sing the songs out loud, dance your heart out and have one of the most memorable weekends of your life.