Georgia Southern Performing Arts Center announces 2019-2020 schedule

Nathan Woodruff

STATESBORO — The Performing Arts Center at Georgia Southern University has released their schedule for the upcoming 2019-2020 Main Stage Series. 

Six shows will be available to patrons, beginning with Lonestar on Sept. 20, Cirque Mechanics: 42 Feet – A Menagerie of Mechanical Marvels on Oct. 25, The Color Purple on Nov. 8, The Second City: Improv All-Stars on Jan. 30, Jesus Christ Superstar on Feb. 27 and The Drifters, Platters and Cornell Gunter’s Coasters on May 3.

All shows will take place Place in the Performing Arts Center at 847 Plant Drive next to the Nessmith Lane Center.

Tickets for GS faculty/staff vary per show, and are generally a $3 discount from regular patron prices. Tickets for students are always $10, regardless of the performance. All prices can be found on the PAC website

“For Jesus Christ Superstar we are joining forces and this production will be in our space at the Performing Arts Center, but it will be produced by GS faculty and students,” Stacie McDaniel, Director of the Performing Arts Center said. “It will be students and community members, some of whom have acted professionally before and some of whom haven’t, but it will be local talent.”

The other five shows listed will be produced by professional PAC personnel. Outreach and connections with the community are the main goal for the PAC. 

“Our main goal is to make the connections between what’s happening here on campus… and bringing that to the community at large,” McDaniel said. “We are using the talent and the resources and the passion that we have here on campus to really enhance and enrich the community.”

Nathan Woodruff, The George-Anne Managing News Editor, gaeditor@georgiasouthern.edu