Fall Animes To Look Out For!

Tatiana Joseph-Saunders, Culture Reporter

If you have been on Tik Tok or Twitter during the summer, even during the initial quarantine in March, you may have noticed one genre of media getting a resurgence in the mainstream- Anime. Since March, I have noticed an increase in the amount of people talking about it and watching it. I am sure the fact that people have been cooped up in the house, running out of their usual shows and movies, has something to do with it.

Whether you have been obsessed with the genre since your childhood or you just started watching HunterXHunter over the summer- I think it’s great to have new fans. Either way, I believe that there is an anime for everyone. There are so many different themes and topics to be found in anime. There are a lot of fan favorites that are airing their new season this Fall, so here’s a list of a few. In addition to listing them, there’ll be a description of what the show consists of in case you want to add any to your watchlist!

Haikyu!!

Haikyu!! is an anime that follows the ever enthusiastic Shoyo Hinata as he works to become one the best volleyball players despite his height. His dream of becoming one of the best seems a bit closer after he joins forces with an unlikely foe-turned-friend, Kayegama, on his highschool team. The fourth season of the anime will be released in October of this year.

Demon Slayer:Kimetsu no Yaiba The Movie: Mugen Train

If you are looking for a movie rather than a show to get you into anime- this could be it. Mugen Train picks up right where the Demon Slayer anime left off, the first season of the series. In the movie, Tanjiro Kamado and his Demon Slayer friends investigate a mysterious string of disappearances, all coming from a single train. The movie is set to release in October of this year.

Golden Kamuy

If you’re looking for a quest-based anime coming back this Fall- here’s one! Golden Kamuy follows veteran Saichi Sujimoto as he tries to find a coveted Ainu gold fortune with the help a young Ainu girl. Like the rest, the third season is set to be released in October of this year.

Strike Witches: Road To Berlin!

The fourth season of this anime is set to also release in October of this year. In this show, it is set in 1944 and is centered around a fighter wing of girls that fight against any and all threats to humanity. Aliens included!

The Irregular at Magic High School

In this show, set to release its second season this October, takes place in a world where magic exists, but not through spells and chants. Magic here is used and perfected through technology. The anime focuses on siblings Tatsuya and Miyuki Shiba, who enroll in the First High magic high school.The two must keep their ties to a secret clan under wraps, while also dealing with the difference in treatment they both get from their new peers.