Inclusive Excellence Campus Climate Survey open now through November 20

Abby Fuller, Daily Managing Editor

STATESBORO — Georgia Southern’s first Inclusive Excellence Campus Climate Survey closes on November 20 and takes less than 20 minutes to complete.

“The results will be used to guide policies to encourage a healthy, safe and nondiscriminatory environment at Georgia Southern University,” TaJuan Wilson, associate vice president for inclusive excellence, said in an email to the GS community. “It is important to hear from you, even if you believe these issues do not directly affect you.”

This survey will be used to measure areas of improvement as GS launches the Inclusive Excellence Action Plan.

The survey can be found here and is confidential and open to all students, faculty and staff until November 20.

The questions on the survey cover a range of topics from the overall perception of the campus environment to individual experiences and struggles faced on campus by the survey taker. There are several questions about whether or not the survey taker feels they belong in the GS community.

It asks for suggestions on how to improve resources on campus, especially resources for supporting students with historically marginalized identities.

“This is one more intentional step to gather viewpoints and to encourage open dialogue, organic expression and action, affirming our urgency to improve and, in this time of learning, grow in understanding and cultural competence,” GS President Kyle Marrero said in an email sent to GS students about the survey.