Georgia Southern invites community to welcome new president and family

• Kyle Marrero (back right), Ph.D., his wife, Jane (back left) and his daughter, Lily (front), are scheduled to arrive in front of the Marvin Pittman Administration building on the Statesboro Campus at 8:30 a.m., and in front of Burnett Hall on the Armstrong Campus at 2:30 p.m.

Matthew Enfinger

Georgia Southern University community will hold welcome ceremonies for GS’ 14th president on Monday at both the Statesboro and Savannah campuses.

Kyle Marrero, Ph.D., his wife, Jane and his daughter, Lily, are scheduled to arrive in front of the Marvin Pittman Administration building on the Statesboro Campus at 8:30 a.m., and in front of Burnett Hall on the Armstrong Campus at 2:30 p.m.

“A cheering crowd would provide a fitting welcome for the Marreros,” Jennifer Wise, director of communications, said in an email sent out to GS’ faculty, staff and students.

Attendees who arrive a few minutes before the event will be given a sign or pom-pom to hold throughout the celebration.

Marrero’s first day will include walking tours of the Statesboro and Armstrong campuses with a student ambassador.

Welcome receptions for Marrero are scheduled for April 2 at 2:30 p.m. in the Nessmith-Lane Center Ballrooom on the Statesboro Campus, and April 4 at 2:30 p.m. in the Student Union Ballroom B&C on the Armstrong Campus. Marrero is scheduled to visit the Liberty Campus on April 9.

Read more about Marrero and his accomplishments here.

Matthew Enfinger, The George-Anne Editor-in-Chief, gaeditor@georgiasouthern.edu.