On Campus Film Screenings

By: Madison Watkins, A&E Editor

arts.inkwell@gmail.com

There will be four movie screenings on campus today!

The first will be “HAZE” at 4 p.m. in the Ogeechee Theater. “HAZE” is an award-winning film about what goes on in a fraternity during recruitment. A college freshman wants to join the best fraternity on campus but faces difficulty when his brother begins an anti-hazing crusade after a student dies from hazing. Disclaimer: This film contains scenes of brutal hazing, graphic violence, sexual misconduct, and unsettling imagery. Viewer discretion is advised.

Next will be “El Techo/On the Roof” at 6 p.m. in the Ogeechee Theater. This film is a dramedy about three friends who live in a poor neighborhood in Havana. Bored and anxious from the struggles of everyday life, they dream of what the future may hold for them.

MV5BMjg4YTBiOWQtNWQ2Zi00ZjNjLTgwZDgtMjFkYTIwN2QxN2EzL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM0NzcxMQ@@._V1_
Promotional poster for “El Techo” by imdb.com.

Following “On the Roof” will be “Incredibles 2” in the Ogeechee Theater. “Incredibles 2” follows the super-family on a new adventure as they try to do their hero work in a world where superheroes are illegal. They also try to find a balance between hero work and a normal life while trying to keep their secret identities.

The last screening of the day will be the Environmental Community Cinema screening of “Wasted! The Story of Food Waste” at 7 p.m. in Science Center 1402. “Wasted” a documentary executive produced by Anthony Bourdain, discusses the problem of food waste in America. Food activists and famous chefs try to find different ways to reduce the problem by discussing measures people and business could take. They also talk about different ways to produce energy or livestock feed from food waste.

All screenings will be free!