Best Study Spots on Campus

Jenna Wiley, Editor-in-Chief

Midterms are just over the horizon and if you’re like me, maybe you haven’t been studying as much as you should have lately. Personally I can never study in my room or my apartment because I know I will get distracted or want to hang out with my roommates more.

Going somewhere other than you dorm or apartment is a sure fire way of guaranteeing a good study session. Here’s a list of all my favorite study spots on campus for the best cramming for your next exam.

Club Hendy

Starting out with the most obvious. The library is a great spot for group study sessions (social distanced and wearing masks of course) and the top few floors are reserved for silent study. The library is open until 2am Sunday-Thursday so it’s perfect for night owls.

Russell Union

Hear me out on this one. The second floor of the RU has a computer lab, couches and tables. This floor offers a little more peace and quiet than the first floor but you would still be around plenty of places to re-fuel during those mid-day study sessions.

Starbucks

This spot isn’t the best for people who are constantly or easily distracted. There is always a lot of stuff going on in the Starbucks on campus but it’s convenient and as a reward for studying you can order yourself a coffee.

Creative Writing Lounge

This one is a bit more niche but it’s one of the best kept secrets on campus. On the second floor of the Newton building there is a small lounge area for students who are in the College of Liberal Arts and Humanities. Obviously, no one is going to stop an Engineering major from going there to work on a paper so use it!

Sweetheart Circle

When the weather is just right Sweetheart Circle is a magical place. If you prefer the outdoors and fresh air this spot is perfect for you. Grab a blanket and some snacks! Make an afternoon of it.

Williams Center

Also one off the beaten path, the Williams Center has an excellent study area. It has private rooms, printing stations and secluded areas to help yourself focus better.  I am partial to the Williams Center because it is home to the Student Media offices but it is truly a great place to study!