GSU’s vaccination plan hits the fast lane

Davis Cobb, Correspondent

On March 25, Governor Brian Kemp announced during a press conference that vaccinations will be opened to anyone at least 16 years of age or older, allowing any adult the opportunity to be vaccinated. In line with this, Georgia Southern University has set plans into motion to help spread this vaccine to any interested.

Across both the Armstrong and Statesboro campuses, GSU will host drive-through vaccination clinics throughout next week, allowing students, faculty, and staff to stop by and get vaccinated. As of now, however, the university is only distributing the Moderna vaccine, which has only been approved for those above 18 years of age.

Appointments are on a first come, first serve basis, with the vaccination clinics specifically catering to GS faculty, students, and staff. Appointments can be reserved on the MyGS page, at the tab titled “COVID-19 Vaccine Scheduling Form” under “COVID-19 Information and Resources.” No additional process or charge is required for making an appointment.

GSU will hold a vaccination clinic on the Armstrong campus on Tuesday, March 30, followed by a second clinic on the Statesboro campus the following Friday, April 2. Additional distribution days are also being planned for both campuses.