See who snapped their vax

Fernanda Camacho Hauser, Correspondent

Those who have taken the opportunity to receive their first dose of the Moderna covid-19 vaccine here on campus a few decided to share with us both their “Snap your Vax” picture and their reason for getting the vaccine over the last few days.

This round of participants shared similar motivations as those in the first article like Jillian King who shared, “I decided to get vaccinated to protect my high-risk family as well as myself and those around me!” 

As well as Summer Weekley who said, “I got vaccinated due to living with my grandparents with my mom. I want to do my part to make sure everyone, including myself, is safe.”  and 

And Erin Mulkey who shared that, “ I wanted to be extra safe and have extra protection when I go to class or have to go shopping! Safety first!”

This second wave of participants also brought up the idea of creating herd immunity through getting vaccinated like Corina Fluker, “I chose to get vaccinated to keep the people I love safe and help move a tiny bit closer to herd immunity!” 

As well as Ashlee Lindee, “I got vaccinated to help protect my friends and family, but also the world as a whole! Herd immunity is so important in a time like this and we should all do our part to help those around us.”

This trio of Jelissa, Ansley, and Francesca also shared with us how they turned this into a bonding experience of sorts, “It is the right thing to do! We also wanted to experience doing the right thing together!”

And their message of this being the right thing to do was one that others echoed in their own responses like Adeniji Oluwatobi, “I decided to get vaccinated so I can contribute my own quota to a safe community and campus also I want to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in the world”.

Another opportunity to get your covid-19 vaccine has opened up with there now being more appointments available in the Statesboro campus on Wednesday April 7 for those over 18 years of age on a first come first served basis.