Athletic foundation installs student entrance sign at Gate 15

McClain Baxley and Kaitlin Sells

The Georgia Southern Athletic Foundation and Ticket Office announced Friday via twitter the installation of a new sign in front of Gate 15 at Paulson Stadium.

Gate 15 is on the west side of Paulson stadium behind the Eugene M. Bishop Alumni Center. Along with the sign, a sidewalk going from the asphalt to the fence was installed.

The sign reads “student entrance” and is meant to draw more students in, according to Bryan Johnston, Associate A.D., Public Relations and Communications.

“In our ongoing efforts to engage our students from all three campuses, we installed a permanent fixture at Gate 15 this week to try and make it as easy as possible to find the appropriate entrance to Allen E. Paulson Stadium,” Johnston said. “It is our hope that by putting in permanent signage that can be seen from a distance, current students who have paid their athletics fees will take advantage of the free admission and come out to support the Eagles.”

15,260 fans came to Paulson Stadium for the season opener last Saturday against South Carolina State and the athletics department projects more fans to go to this Saturday’s game against Massachusetts.

Kickoff against the Minutemen is set for 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8 in Paulson Stadium.

McClain Baxley, The George-Anne Sports Editor, gasports@georgiasouthern.edu

Kaitlin Sells, The George-Anne Assistant Sports Editor, gasports@georgiasouthern.edu