Academic Success Center moved to Henderson Library

Shiann Sivell

The Academic Success Center has been moved from Cone Hall to the first floor of Henderson Library.

Cathy Robert-Cooper, director of the ASC, said that space was part of the issue, but not the only reason the department moved.

“The Academic Success Center had outgrown its previous space in Cone Hall for the tutoring, mentoring and workshop services we were already providing,” Robert-Cooper said in an email. “We sometimes had to turn students away because we were out of space and would have been in violation of fire code.”

Additionally, the university’s new academic intervention policy meant the ASC needed space for the 10 new Success Coaches and the over 1,000 students they would be assisting.

Robert-Cooper said that another reason for the move was to make their services more accessible to students as compared to being on the edge of campus.

“The new location makes it easier for students to stop in and see us, and more students, staff, and faculty are now aware of our services,” Robert-Cooper said. “The student traffic in our office has more than doubled as compared to previous semester.”

The ASC is located on the first floor of the Henderson Library, their Testing Services still maintains at Cone Hall.

Shiann Sivell, The George-Anne Enterprise Reporter, gaspecial@georgiasouthern.edu