Reflector Rewind

Reflector+Rewind

Anna Claire Edenfield, Culture Reporter

After dusting off a box and going through a collection of old pictures, the Reflector staff discovered a few forgotten photos of Georgia Southern events, dating from 1993 to 2001. 

• Standing in Finley Stadium, Adrian Peterson poses with Georgia Southern fans after securing a NCAA Division I-AA Football Championship win in 1999.

• In the late ’90s, a young Steve Hein showed off Georgia Southern’s live mascot, Freedom, the American bald eagle.

• Students of the Southern Pride Marching Band walk a parade around Sweetheart Circle in the early ’90s.

• Back in 1993, students held a protest against a few GS faculty members outside of campus. Although the complete cause of the protest is unknown, GS students were not afraid to use their freedom to protest.

• A group of Alpha Delta Pi sisters gather under the Rotunda, participating in a Greek life event in the early ’90s.

• An elderly couple holds hands outside of the popular restaurant, Vandy’s BBQ, that was once located in the Statesboro Mall. The date of the photo is unknown, but is most likely from the early ’90s.

• In 2001, an intramural ultimate frisbee team celebrated a victory at the outdoor fields.

• Around 1994, a construction worker was working on the Watson Hall dorms.

Let us know if you would like to see more throwbacks from this little box of GS memories.