Man Injured in Statesboro Shooting

Morgan Bridges, Print Managing Editor

A 21-year-old man was injured in a shooting incident at 111 South Apartments on Saturday night.

What Happened: Police Chief, Mike Broadhead, shared that upon arrival responders observed scattered shell casings from two opposing groups, along with damaged vehicles and a shattered window on a ground floor apartment.
“All shots fired were exchanged between the pool area and parking lot of the student housing complex,” said Chief Broadhead. All individuals involved in the incident immediately fled the scene.

“The entire incident was captured on video surveillance and individuals provided detectives with several cellphone videos and statements of their observations,” according to the Statesboro Police press release.

“The injured man was dropped off at EGMRC after sustaining a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to the ankle,” according to the SPD press release. This injury was received while the individual was car-side.

What’s new: “The man has since been interviewed by detectives, treated for his injury, and released,” according to the press release.

What’s next: Detectives have developed several suspects and are attempting to confirm their identities. Anyone with information on this case should contact Senior Detective Eric Short at 912-764-9911 or submit anonymous tips to tips@statesboroga.gov