Aurora Game Development Club to host video game showcase Wednesday

•  The Aurora Game Development Club will host their video game showcase Wednesday. 

Shiann Sivell

Georgia Southern University’s Aurora Game Development Club is inviting the public to attend their Spring Semester Showcase in room 2212 of the IT building from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m on Wednesday.

The showcase will present video games, created by club members and students, that participants will be allowed to play.

Two project groups will be presenting games at the showcase, Mitchell Hodzen, organization president, said.

“Each project is created by a group of Aurora members who get together in the beginning of the semester and build a game together,” Hodzen said via email. “There will also be games made by other Aurora members who weren’t in project groups, projects that were made in previous semesters, and various other games on display.”

The AGDC was founded in 2011 and exists to aid in the professional development of its members by providing opportunities to network, gain work experience and learn about the game development process and gaming industry. The organization usually has 15 ongoing projects in a semester.

Hodzen said that the AGDC is open to any student who wants to make games, whether as a hobby or as pathway to a professional career in game development.

“Aurora is a great interdisciplinary club that helps students get together and make games,” Hodzen said.

Shiann Sivell, The George-Anne Daily Reporter, gadigital@georgiasouthern.edu