Meet GS’s 2022 Homecoming King and Queen

Raquel Upson, Correspondent

Kenneth Edouazin and Emily Grace McWhorter were announced Homecoming King and Queen of GS last month.

What’s new: Edouazin and McWhorter share what their crowns mean to them.

Edouazin is a first generation American and college student, and chapter president of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. He has been involved in the American Society of Civil Engineers and Men of Vision and Excellence and has done lots of work in the community through his fraternity.

• “There’s a quote that says ‘people will never remember what you do or what you say, but they will always remember how you made them feel’. I think winning this shows that the people I did interact with, during my time here, went well,” said Edouazin.

Emily Grace McWhorter is the formal recruitment chair of Alpha Delta Pi and sideline reporter for Georgia Southern athletics. She started as a men’s basketball alumni intern and worked her way to being the primary sideline reporter for the 2022 football season.

• “This win feels like it’s for everyone,” said McWhorter. “It feels like it’s for everyone that helped me, that encouraged me, that helped me out by giving me a name or just giving me a chance… In five to ten years, when I come back to visit, my prayer or my hope is that this is a premier broadcasting school for students that want to get involved in sideline reporting.”