GS Collegiate 100 and the Epsilon Xi to host art gala

•  Graphic courtesy of Collegiate 100

Tara Bailey and Tori Collins

The Georgia Southern University Collegiate 100 and the Epsilon Xi Chapter of the Zeta Phi Beta Sorority are hosting an art gala night, called “Art & Soul,” on Saturday, Feb. 3, in the Williams Center Multi-Purpose Room.

“Art & Soul” will be an evening of student performances that includes dancing, singing, live musicians, painters and spoken word.

“’Art & Soul’ is going to be a tribute and showcase to all the amazing talent we have on campus,” Kayla Jordan, GS’ Miss Collegiate 100, said.

The idea for the event came about after seeing so many students with various talents on campus. Both organizations came together to create a place where students can have the chance to share these talents.

Taj Red, the president of Collegiate 100, hopes that people who attend will be amazed by the talent that GS students have to offer.

“’Art & Soul’ is a play on ‘Heart and Soul,’” Red said. “From the moment you step into the room, we want the soul of the atmosphere to engulf you.”

The event will take place this Saturday, Feb. 3, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. The event is formal, so attendees should dress in cocktail attire.

Tickets are $5 and can be purchased in advance from any member of the Collegiate 100 or Zeta Phi Beta Sorority. There will be some tickets sold at the door, however, seating is limited and tickets will be first come, first served.

Performing talents include:

• IMPACT – Live band
  • Alex – Violinist
  • Jasmine Gregg – Painting upside down
  • Devin Alexander – Spoken word
  • Base – Singing group
  • Clarissa & Omar – Dancers
  • Dorian – Rapper
  • Alexis – Singer
  • Kayla Dee Jordan – Flag routine
  • Naomi & Juicy – Live painters
  • Erik Mearidy, Jalen Taylour, Alexis – Displaying art