Center for Applied Cyber Education now available to GS students

Emma Smith

The Center for Applied Cyber Education (CACE), a program that was originally only available to Armstrong State students, is now available to Georgia Southern University students following the consolidation.

The CACE office will remain on the Armstrong campus, but the program has been integrated into the Office of the Provost to work with each campus, according to the CACE’s website.

All cyber security courses are online and GS students can take them from any campus.

Executive Director Scott Scheidt said CACE is currently working with faculty on getting all the digital forensics and cybercrime courses online soon as well.

About the program

CACE formed in Oct. 2015 as a “collaborative effort between administration, faculty, and staff across the university to strengthen cyber education and training in the region,” according to the CACE website.

Scheidt said one of its programs aims to train teaching students in the College of Education to be certified cyber teachers by the time they graduate.

“There are many other initiatives CACE is bringing to the new Georgia Southern family,” Scheidt said. “It can now offer DoD level industry certification validation for the completion of just three academic courses in the Georgia Southern Forensic Analyst Program.”

More information about CACE can be found on the program’s website.