Office of Career & Professional Development to host Graduate School Fair

Emma Smith

The Graduate School Fair will take place in the Russell Union Ballroom from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., on Tuesday, Jan. 16.

The event, hosted by the Office of Career & Professional Development, formerly the Office of Career Services, will feature graduate programs from schools across the state and region and is free to all graduate and undergraduate students.

According to Amanda Wheeler, the office’s coordinator of programs and events, this event is hosted every semester so students will have the opportunity to speak with different graduate schools and programs throughout their inquiry and application process.

“We like to plan for about 200 students, but hope any student interested in graduate school will attend,” Wheeler said.

Wheeler also said the Graduate School Fair is a perfect opportunity for students in pre-professional programs.

“At this event, students have the opportunity to meet with representatives from each of the attending institutions,” Wheeler said. “They can check in on a current application they have already submitted or inquire about the programs available at that school.”

If you are interested in this event or have any questions, you can contact the Office of Career and Professional Development at (912) 478-5197.