University Programing Board hosts “Halloween Town”event

• Image courtesy of UPB Twitter page. 

George Andersen

The University Programming Board will be hosting “Halloween Town,” a fall-festival celebration coordinating with university organizations, on Tuesday, Oct. 23 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Sweetheart Circle.

According to UPB president, Juan Bernal, the event was organized by the UPB special events chairperson, Raven Easterwood.

“Raven doesn’t like spooky stuff… so we decided not to do the haunted house,” Allison Smith, UPB late-night committee chair, said, “She wanted it to be more family-friendly than scary.”

The event will be free for all students and will be featuring 12 student organizations, each having their own games and activities including face painting and “minute to win” games.

While the final list of organizations that will be present is still not completely finalized, some of the organizations that are expected to show include Southern Divas, Eagle Disc Golf, Southern Cheer club and American Sign Language club.

UPB will be bringing some of the fun as well, with a chili bar, bobbing for apples, cornhole, dartboards and even a rock-climbing wall said Bernal.

A costume contest will be held and students are encouraged to wear costumes, said Bernal.

In the case of bad weather, the event will be moved to the Russell Union Ballroom, with the only thing unable to follow being the rock-climbing wall.

The entire event is funded by UPB and the organizations on campus.

Bernals said, “This is student activities fees at work.”