SGA plans new additions to Eagle IDs

Ashley Jones

The Student Government Association had their first meeting of the semester on Wednesday.

Change is Coming 

Senators came to a unanimous agreement of adopting two additional numbers on the Eagle IDs. 

One number that will be included will be a hotline to reporting sexual assault, 1-800-656-HOPE (4673). The other number will be a hotline for suicide prevention, 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

The association also discussed the clear bag policy at all ticketed events that was adopted by the university. The clear bag policy states that in order for a person to carry their purse or bag to a football, basketball or any other on campus event, the bag must be clear. Clear bags will also be offered at the bookstore.

Events to look forward to

A member from the AT&T company attended the SGA meeting to discuss plans of a “It Can Wait” campaign on campus. The event will be on Sept. 21 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. 

“It Can Wait” is a campaign to stop texting and driving. During the event there will be a simulator in the Russell Union and two remote simulators. The simulators will give you a 3D experience of what might happen if a person is texting while driving. To learn more about the “It Can Wait” program, click here.

SGA is also holding auditions for their first ever GSU Idol. Auditions will begin Sept. 5 and continue through the 8. More details will be released on a later date.

You are Cordially Invited

SGA hosts their weekly senate meeting on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.. Meetings take place in the Russell Union ballroom.

Senators urge those with campus concerns or questions to attend these meetings. Students can openly express their concerns to the senators as well as Dean Jackson, who also attends.