GSU News Briefs 10/28

Emily Arnold

1. The Department of Human Resources is hosting the seventh annual Benefits and Wellness Fair on Tuesday Oct. 28 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Nessmith-Lane Conference Center. The event is True Blue themed and will feature door prizes, giveaways, an opportunity to win a free t-shirt and a $1 lunch for the first 400 employees.

2. CRI’s Battleship is Tuesday, Oct. 28 at 7 p.m. at the RAC’s indoor pool. Registration and team placement will be handled on site and all equipment will be provided.

3. The next SOLD Workshop will be on Tuesday, Oct. 28 at 5:30 p.m. in Russell Union Room 2047 featuring “Elevator Speech” by Dr. Abby Brooks. This event is sponsored by The Office of Student Activities and The Office of Student Leadership & Civic Engagement

4. A campus-wide free HIV testing will be held on Wednesday Oct. 29, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Russell Student Union, Room 2047. This event is sponsored by Health Services’ Health Education and Promotion division and it’s goal is educating the Georgia Southern student body on getting tested for HIV and knowing their status.

5. Fear Factor: Overcoming Fear in College is a program designed for freshmen and will cover topics such as fear of financial burden, social interaction/communication, academic failure and overcoming low self-esteeem. The event is Wednesday Oct. 29 at 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Russell Union Commons and proof of attendance will be provided.