GSU Briefs 10/14

Emily Arnold

National Depression Screening Day will be on Thursday, October 16 in Russell Union Room 2040-204 at 11 am- 2 p.m., and will provide students with information about depression and related disorders to raise awareness for these mental health concerns. This event is provided by the Counseling and Career Development Center for free and proof of attendance will be provided.

The Religious Studies Undergraduate Program is hosting the Religious Studies Undergraduate Research Conference this weekend starting on Oct. 17 at 3:30 p.m. This year’s focus is “Religion in Media,” and it will be held in the Arts Building room 2071.

On Monday, October 20, 2014 at 6 p.m., Russell Union Theater will be screening ‘Lives Worth Living,’ a documentary by Eric Neudel about how the disability rights community fought for equal civil rights for people with disabilities. This is a free event and proof of attendance will be provided.

The annual Women’s Empowerment Conference (WEC) is taking applications from students who are interested in serving on the planning committee. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, October 15th. The conference will be held on Saturday, April 11, 2015 in the Russell Union from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.