Where to catch a catnap after class

Connor White

You have two papers due next week, group work” to suffer through, your car sounds like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Chick-fil-a just stopped serving breakfast four minutes ago and it’s only week one. You need a place to kick off your shoes and relax, a place to get away from it all.

Here’s a helpful and totally serious list of spots on campus that are perfect for procrastination.

• Club Hendy’s 4th Floor: Usually reserved for quiet study, no one will mind if you stretch out between Agriculture and Architecture for a little snooze. Some say the ghosts of students unfamiliar with the Dewey Decimal System still roam the shelves, looking for that one book they really need for that one term paper.
  • Starbucks: Pick up your favorite Basic Frappacappamochachino and let that stylish coffeehouse ambiance fill you with tranquility. For extra wintertime fun, ask the girls in North Face jackets, Uggs and yoga pants if they live there. They love that!
  • Sweetheart Circle:They say that a three-time trek around the front entrance with your sweetheart guarantees marriage. Among the gorgeous pecans and oaks, you’re also guaranteed an up-close-and-personal look at the natural habitat of gnats! All 800 billion of them.
  • The Parking Lots: People watching is the go-to game for those with time to kill, so what better place to play than on one of GSU’s many blissful blacktops? Plus, with all those “Salt Life” and “Browning” decals, you’re practically one with nature!
  • Lake Wells and Lake Ruby: A picturesque spot among the reeds, dotted with friendly waterfowl and biology majors. Both are fond of tasty bread crumbs, so bring enough for everyone!
  • Residence Hall Clubhouses: Hailed as a great place to meet and greet your neighbors, it’s a prime locale if you want absolute silence 24 hours a day. Why, you’d think no one used them!
  • Chick-fil-a: Who doesn’t enjoy sipping a sweet tea or milkshake? If you’ve got nowhere else to be for the next 3 hours, why not come down right at lunchtime?
  • The Creative Writing Suite: Flip through a book or chat under the lamplight in this cozy little hideaway nestled in the Newton Building, famous for it’s free-spirited thermostats. Dress for extreme temperatures.
  • And don’t forget about the rest of our beautiful campus! Now that it’s tobacco-free, there’s absolutely no chance you’ll encounter cigarette butts all over the ground.

(The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any department of The George-Anne or Student Media. Lighten up, amigos.)