Savannah hosts array of tricks and treats

Savannah is a city rich with culture, art and hauntings. Halloween is the perfect time for students to leave campus and experience the thrill of the town. Saturday’s Halloween weather is a forecast to die for with partly sunny skies and temperatures in the mid-70s. Invite a friend, or a group of friends, and enjoy the day full of Halloween-themed events.

What: The Reaper Run 2015

When: 7:30 a.m.

Where: Lake Mayer

For students who rise and shine ready to begin the day with fitness, the Savannah Arts Academy Theatre Guild is hosting its 5k run. Registration is currently $25 and will increase to $30 Oct. 29th. Be sure to inquire about the student discount! Registration on the day of the run will open at 7:30 a.m. The race begins at 8:30 a.m.

What: The Nightmare on Congress Bar Crawl

When: 2:00 p.m.

Where: The Rail Pub

Stafford Promotions is having a charity event/ bar crawl for students 21 and up. Tickets will be $15 until Oct. 30 and will then increase to $20. The goal is to survive visits to each participating bar while filling out a scorecard at each one. Drinking is not required and once scorecards are complete participants will receive a free t-shirt. Invite a group of friends and dress up for a chance to win $1,000 in a costume contest.

What: Moon River Halloween Bash

When: 3 p.m.

Where: Moon River Brewing Company

A classic event at a classic venue; Moon River has it covered when it comes to Halloween-themed entertainment. Drop in for pumpkin carvings or stay a while to catch a projected Halloween movie. From 6-8 p.m.,  meet psychic, Kelly Spurlock, for a reading and catch the live music that will go until midnight.

What: Terror Plantation Haunted House

When: 7:30 p.m.

Where: 100 Eisenberg Dr.

For those who want more than a day of face-paint and candy, the Alee Shriners will host their annual haunted house where many opt to leave in fear before even reaching the end. For adrenaline-pumping fun, purchase tickets at the door for $10.

What: Halloween Moonlight Cruise

When: 9:00 p.m.

Where: Savannah Riverboat Cruises

Dress in your Halloween best for a boat ride on the river. Costumes, music, and snacks galore, Savannah Riverboat Cruises is hosting a night of celebration. Tickets are $21.95.