Fall Bucket List: Things to Do in Statesboro this Fall

Lauren Sabia, Campus Editor

Happy First Day of Fall! The sweet scents of pumpkin spice, crisp air, crunchy leaves, and the warm feeling that’s only achieved by putting on the first sweater of the season is upon us. Other than the typical festivities like carving pumpkins and having s’mores around a bonfire, what are some other things you can do this fall? Better yet, what are some events happening right here in Statesboro that will give you all the spooky season feels? 

Here are some of our favorite events happening around Statesboro this year that you need to add to your fall bucket list:

Statesboro Mainstreet Farmers Market

The Statesboro Mainstreet Farmers Market is the perfect opportunity to purchase fresh foods, listen to live music, meet members of the community, and support local businesses. Find the white tents with incredible goods on East Main Street in Downtown Statesboro, every Saturday morning from 9a.m.-12:30p.m. (now until November 20th). 

Kiwanis Ogeechee Fair

The beloved Kiwanis Ogeechee Fair is back after being canceled last year, and is expected to be a hit amongst many. Carnival rides, funnel cakes and petting zoos, oh my! Pull out the flannels and mark your calendars to go either October 18th through the 23rd. The admission cost is $10 and wrist stamps for rides are $20. 

Scare on the Square

Scare on the Square is a fun-filled day equipt with costume contests, hay rides, trunk-or-treating, and haunted houses. Head to Downtown Statesboro October 23rd to enjoy all the wholesome, Halloween festivities from 4:30-9:00p.m.

The Haunted Forest

The Haunted Forest, located at the Clubhouse, is the perfect event to kick off Halloween. If you love getting spooked and killer clowns running at you, then this is a must to add to your fall bucket list. It will run from October 22nd-24th and 27th-31st and be $10 to get in. 

Georgia Southern Football Games

Of course, it would not be fall without football season. Cheer on the Eagles and show Georgia Southern spirit by making your way to these exciting games at Paulson Stadium. The next home game is this Saturday, September 25th, versus the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. Other home games are coming up on October 2nd, October 30th, November 6th, and November 20th.