Intercampus Shuttle Schedule Updates

Georgia Southern University is set to roll out an enhanced intercampus shuttle schedule, providing students, faculty, and staff with a more convenient and efficient means of transportation between the Statesboro and Armstrong campuses. The new shuttle schedule, slated to begin on Monday, January 29th, aims to address the evolving needs of the university community by optimizing departure times and streamlining the travel experience. The shuttle will depart from the Russell Union on the Statesboro campus and the Sports Center parking lot near the Student Union on the Armstrong campus.

The intercampus shuttle will operate every day that classes are being held and during regular business hours, with the exception of some holidays. This expanded service window ensures that students, faculty, and staff can rely on the shuttle for their transportation needs. Perhaps the most noteworthy aspect of the updated schedule is that the intercampus shuttle service remains free for all members of the Georgia Southern community. This commitment to affordability aligns with the university’s dedication to providing accessible services for its constituents. Recognizing the importance of staying connected, the shuttle offers Wi-Fi connectivity for passengers. This amenity enhances the travel experience for those who wish to remain productive or entertained during their commute.

With a limited capacity of twenty-four seats per shuttle, the service operates on a first-come, first-served basis. This emphasizes the importance of early arrival to secure a spot on the shuttle, especially during peak travel times. Some students have expressed mixed feelings about the schedule changes.

Amaya Yor shared, “I prefer the previous schedule because my class ends at 1:45, and our teacher lets us leave 10 minutes early. Now with the 3:45 departure, I have to wait on campus an extra two hours, so it’s kind of inconvenient.”

Another student, Jasmine Welton mentioned, “I’m iffy about it because it helps me, but not really. For example, when it took away the 1:45 departure, I have a class that ends at 1:45, but I’m fortunate to get out early, so it’s like a quick hop on the bus.”

The new intercampus shuttle schedule is officially in effect as of Monday, January 29, with the first departure at 6:15 a.m. from Statesboro. Georgia Southern University continues to prioritize the well-being and convenience of its community members through strategic updates like these. The improved intercampus shuttle schedule aims to create a more seamless and accessible transportation experience for everyone at the university.