How to Plan Your Galentine’s Day Party

Since Valentine’s Day is in a few days, there are so many things to do. Planning dates, movies, parties, and for the girls, it’s Galentine’s Day. This tradition started a while back, and ever since then, it’s become a trend for girls and women to get together and celebrate the month of love. On Feb. 17, Angel Crim, Junior, will be hosting a Galentine’s party with her closest friends.

ACTIVITIES:
Like most people, I love making Pinterest boards for just about everything, and Valentine’s/Galentine’s Day is no exception. Some ideas I have found so far include painting, making jewelry, watching rom-coms, baking, and more.

Crim said, “I plan to have cute treats, a decorated wall for pictures, and some games.”

DECOR: 
For decor, a necessity for me is a wall for pictures, similar to what Angel said. My go-to is Amazon since they have so many cute, affordable options. Some pink/red streamers, tinsel, or balloons would make a perfect picture for Instagram. Having cute little pieces of decor throughout the party would make it perfect. My recommendation would be some heart confetti or some glitter.

PLACES TO SHOP:
Being in college, it is crucial to find good options, while still maintaining a budget.  Crim recommended Dollar Tree and Walmart to stay on budget. Along with those stores, Amazon, Five Below, Hobby Lobby, and others have some good, affordable options.

Some popular items to have at your party would be decor, candies, cake, drinks, or anything pink, red, or trendy.

Crim said, “I got ideas for the party from asking my friends and looking on Pinterest.”

Even if it’s last minute, I would recommend pulling together a Galentine’s party! Even if it’s simple, it is a great way to get your closest friends together and celebrate.

“Some tips I would give to someone planning a Galentine’s party would be to have a budget and plan it out ahead of time,” Crim said.

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!