Safety Concerns Sparking Among Residents at Cambridge Pines

Residents are on edge after a shooting occurred last week at Cambridge the Pines right across from Paulson stadium, the home of the Georgia Southern Eagles.

Residents said they heard multiple shots being fired and were very concerned with what eas going on outside. 

It was later revealed that three men were involved in the shooting, resulting in one person pronounced dead on the scene, while the other two men reportedly arrived at East Georgia Medical Center injured. 

Cambridge Pines is one of the many off-campus housing apartments available for students at Georgia Southern, but they are open to local residents as well. 

It is not the first shooting incident that has occurred at Cambridge the Pines as in April of 2023, a 19-year-old male lost his life in a shooting there as well. 

“The shooting incident last week that happened here is very quite alarming. Me being a college student, I’m questioning now is this place safe, you know, am I going to be okay if I step outside my car at night, am I going to get shot down,” said Tyvon Sands, a resident at Cambridge Pines.

Cambridge Pines has many students that reside there and is a stop on the Georgia Southern Universities bus route.

A source who lives and works at the Cambridge Apartments bust asked to remain anonymous that said, “many of the shootings that take place at Cambridge are locals who are not students.”

The apartment complex has already taken measures into making Cambridge off-campus student housing only.

In regard to the shooting, the identities of those involved have not been revealed and no arrests have been made.