The women’s track team ran the show on Saturday as they hosted their very first meet of the season. Although the southern relays this past weekend had some unfortunate weather, the eagles soared above the rain clouds taking home a team victory. 

A lot of records were broken like Riley Browne earning Georgia Southern’s third best long jump and Sucar Tanelus getting her personal best in 100 and 400 meter hurdles.

“Yesterday the weather was not the best and we fed through some of those interesting situations,” said Coach David Neville. “Today the sun was out shining and a lot of people coming out to support our ladies and they ran well threw well jumped well”

Out of the five teams at this week’s meet, Georgia Southern showed up and showed out, finishing with 296 points more than doubling Albany State in second place with 144 points. And this type of motivation is great for their next meet at the Florida relays.

“ We’re really excited about this competition. It will be a high level competition, a number of top schools within the country will be there and so we’re excited to get up there and compete against some big dogs,” said Coach Neville

Their next meet is up against other track programs around the country, from Florida state to Illinois to even Harvard. We’ll have to see how high they’ll soar.