Campus Movie Fest announces four jury award winners

Matthew Enfinger

Last Friday night the top four winners of Campus Movie Fest (CMF) and recipients of the Jury Award were announced in the Russell Union Theater.

The winners of the Jury Award will receive a free 12 month subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud, a custom CMF Movie Slate trophy and an invitation to screen at CMF Grand Finale at TERMINUS (Summer 2017).

Students at Georgia Southern University were given a week to develop a five minute film with training and equipment provided by the CMF.

CMF, according to its official website, is the world’s largest student film festival and is free to every student.

CMF showed the top 16 of GS’s 45 student film submissions at the screening. From those 16 film the top four winners were chosen:

Point Seven Three

The first winner of the Jury award went Point Seven Three. Directed, written and edited by Connor Rentz, Point Seven Three was a film inspired by classic science fiction films in which a drunk husband, Frank (played by J Manning Smith-Tate), and his wife Ruth (played by Abigail Blake) has a extraterrestrial encounter.

The team also consisted of David Gregory Besh as the director of photography, Michael Regonal Houston as the producer and script supervisor, Conner J. Kirsch as prop master and participation by Katrina Delghingaro.

Depths

The second jury award went to the drama music video Depths. Mick Miller wore many hats for the film as director, producer, editor and cinematographer. Depths follows musician HTHAZE as he finds a way to conquer his depression after questioning his faith.

Adonis

The third jury award went to the film Adonis, which was led by Ozzie Bunbury and produced by Martin Torchia. The film is described as an experimental documentary and is based off the lives and traumatic events of Bunbury and his cousin.

The Waxmaker

The fourth and final jury award went to The Waxmaker. The film, written and directed by Michael Reginald Houston, explores the life of a humble candle-maker, Malakai (played by Tim Shields), as he grapples with tragedy.

Other contributors of The Waxmaker included Connor Rentz as Executive Producer, David Gregory Besh as Director of Photography and producer, Katrina Delghingaro as a producer and actor and Conner J. Kirsch as Production Designer.

The Grand Finale for CMF will take place in Atlanta, GA at the TERMINUS conference and festival on June 22 through June 25.

To view the films GS students produced, visit campusmoviefest.com.