Useful information: the financial aid SAP policy

Chyna James

Students who receive any form of financial aid must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and must adhere to a GPA requirement, Credit Hour Completion (PACE) and maximum time frame criteria, according to an email from the Financial Aid office.

To be making satisfactory progress means that a student is moving toward his/her degree plan and aligns with Georgia Southern University policies.

Undergraduate students, excluding education majors, must maintain a cumulative GPA of a 2.0, and education majors must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5. Graduate students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0.

Each student must earn at least 67% of all attempted hours. Students can calculate their credit hour completion (PACE) by dividing the cumulative number of hours one has earned by the cumulative number of hours one has attempted.

Every student must be projected to complete their program in a time frame that is no longer than 150% of the published length of the educational program which is measured in credit hours.

Students will be evaluated at the end of the SAP evaluation period and be assigned a satisfactory, financial aid warning, financial aid suspension or financial aid probation statute.

For more information on the SAP policy, visit the financial aid website or contact the office at 912-478- 5413.