Sparking up fashion interest

•  

Meagan Greene

The D.I.M.E.S. Fashion Organization is bringing fashion to campus again as they started planning their semester last night.

D.I.M.E.S. is an organization for students to show unique talents for fashion where they may not have other opportunities to do so.

“D.I.M.E.S. is a way to expose our knowledge of the fashion world to Georgia Southern and promote opportunities for leadership,” Raven Taylor, vice president of D.I.M.E.S. and senior business administration major, said.

Jan. 23 at 6:30 p.m. in Russell Union room 2080 D.I.M.E.S. will host its first interest meeting of the season.

“The interest meetings are just a way for students to get that information and info on the organization directly from us and a chance for us to answer any questions they may have face-to-face,” Taylor said.

“Info about tryouts and interviews and the history of the organization, we’re not discussing upcoming events other than our annual spring fashion show but not giving out specifics,” Taylor said.

Interviews are going to take place from Jan. 27 to 29. Such interviews include productions, public relations, model troupe, fashion design, fashion styling, hair styling and makeup.

Each contact for every interview will be announced at the meeting along with what to wear and bring.

D.I.M.E.S. organization has interest meetings twice a semester, so even though this is the last meeting coming up in the near future there will be another at some point in the semester.

“We do an annual fashion, every October we hold an event to raise awareness of domestic violence called project purple ribbon, last semester we had our very first art gala where we showcased photos from the photo shoots we had and we allowed other artists to showcase their work and sell it,” Taylor said.

Within the D.I.M.E.S Fashion Organization, all the elements of the fashion world are cohesive.

Taylor said, “It’s so important to me because I’ve been in this organization since I was a freshman and I’ve worked my way to the top so I’ve seen every in and out of how we get things done and when we complete a project it makes me feel amazing to know that I was a part of something that amazing.”