Hidden Gems Clip!
Earth Day

ArtsFest is Back

The history department will be holding a talk on free speech in relation to the constitution on Nov. 20. 

Looking for a place to have fun while getting messy? Grab a friend and check out the ArtsFest  festival this Saturday at Sweetheart Circle.
ArtsFest is a festival celebrating the different mediums of art while showcasing various art pieces from people in the community. Sculpting, painting, and henna body art are just a few of the many activities planned for students to come out and partake in.
Stephanie Arends Neal is the director of ArtsFest and is looking forward to seeing the community come out for the big event.
“ArtsFest is a time to celebrate the visual and performing arts and how they impact our lives. A lot of planning goes into an event like this and we structure it so that the average two year-old all the way up to a person who is 60, will enjoy an event like this. We will have activities for the whole family.”

Photos from Artsfest 2014

[pp_gallery gallery_id=”1227″ width=”300″ height=”300″]
Already in its 33rd year, this festival has become popular all throughout Statesboro and surrounding cities.
“We have people come from all over. Pooler, Savannah, and Rincon. Everyone loves ArtsFest because there is always so much to do and the activities are endless.
New to ArtsFest this year is a Creative Boot Camp for people to think outside of the box and come up with their own creations. Students will have the opportunity to make buttons, sculpt with clay and learn about graphic design.
“We will have several vendors selling some of their own artwork and we’ll have plenty of food, so we definitely want people to come out and have a good time,” Neal said.
ArtsFest will be at The Center for Art and Visual Theatre/Visual Arts Building from 11a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, April 11.