Outdoor Arts Festival and Savannah Asian Festival Unite

By Emily Smith, Arts and Entertainment Editor

Armstrong’s 10th Annual Outdoor Arts Festival is uniting with Savannah Asian Cultural Festival this year for a one-day event on March 28.

The event will contain activities for kids to explore including art projects hosted by Armstrong art students, chances to experiment with musical instruments, as well as enjoy theater and dance performances.  Other activities that can be found at the festival include puppetry, face painting, improvisational games, and juggling coordination challenges.

Visitors will also have the opportunity to purchase original art from Armstrong alumni, current faculty and students. Items for sale include ceramics, abstract paintings, photography pieces, fiber arts, pottery, jewelry, t-shirts and more.

Performances will be held by local musicians ranging from middle school to college students. Last year the event showcased various performances by Armstrong’s cast of Godspell, performers from Savannah Children’s Theater, elementary students from Hancock Day School, and Armstrong Creative Dramatic Students.

This year, thanks to the partnership with Savannah Asian Cultural Festival in its first visit to Armstrong’s campus, the event will feature Asian- inspired arts activities and performances. Those who have attended the festivals separately in the past will now get to conveniently experience both events on the same day at the same location.

Admission to the festival is free, but food and beverages will be available for purchase. Activities are scheduled from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Fine Arts Hall Courtyard. In the case of rain, festivities will be held inside the Fine Arts Hall.